Touch for Health explores the subtle connections between our thoughts, our feelings and our physical wellbeing. It was designed as a simple and holistic means of balancing body and mind for optimal daily living. The programme emphasises our own uniqueness and gives us the tools to become happy, healthy and whole human beings.
The full Touch for Health programme comprises five modules. The first two modules act as an access course to the Edu-K In Depth: 7 Dimensions course, part of the training to become an Educational Kinesiology Consultant. In these first two modules (Touch for Health 1 and 2) you will learn some key techniques for gathering feedback from the body and enabling positive change through physical interventions. As with all the modules in the Edu-K Professional Training, the ultimate aim of the Touch for Health programme is to foster self-development, body awareness and a sense of empowerment over our wellbeing.Key programme details
Theory and concepts
Contact your chosen TFH Instructor for individual course fees: TFH Instructors who are also Brain Gym Instructors
Professional Level 2 course
Educational Kinesiology Consultant
Professional Level 2Key outcomes
- Learn core skills that underpin techniques used in the Educational Kinesiology In Depth: Seven Dimensions course
- Further refine your expertise on noticing feedback from the body by using specific muscles as biofeedback mechanisms
- Acquire hands on techniques that reduce stress within the body and can be used for yourself
- Increase your knowledge of the physiological monitoring techniques that were adapted for the Edu-K programme
- Gain insight into the essential concepts from the Applied Kinesiology model that underlie the interrelationship of thinking, feeling, physical wellbeing and structural integration in the body
- Make an easy transition into the Seven Dimensions Course with enhanced background knowledge and core phsyical skills securely in place
- Gain expertise and confidence in the art of muscle monitoring
- How to set goals and notice the effect on your body
- Choose the most beneficial physical techniques to create the optimal resources to achieve your goals
- Learn gentle physical ways of identifying and reducing stress responses to challenges in your life
- How to move out of your comfort zone supported by your thinking, energy and physical structure
- Explore the effects of physically contacting key pathways and points on the body to encourage a sense of balance and harmony
- A balanced body and mind are the foundations of a happy, fulfilled life and an increased feeling of wellbeing
- The importance of directing your attention and intention to positive goals when you want to make changes of any kind
- The interrelationship of all systems within the body
- How the Chinese model of maintaining a flow and balance of energy within the body can illuminate contemporary issues and challenges
- Changes in beliefs, attitudes and intention bring observable changes in the body and vice versa, as the body and the mind are one interlinked feedback loop
- Touch for Health can empower individuals to take responsibility for their own condition, life and outlook
- Discover and develop your natural ability to support change in others
- Broaden the goal setting techniques you learnt in your previous Edu-K training
- Increase your choice of techniques to alleviate emotional and physical discomfort through a related and yet distinct model
- Develop awareness of those environments – human or lifestyle – that support your well-being
- Expand, refine and fine tune your ability to use the body and muscle responses as useful feedback towards a positive daily life in harmony with your unique individuality
- Explore and experience a fascinating set of techniques in a learning environment where you will be the judge of their efficacy
After the course
On completion of the full class hours, an International Kinesiology College Certificate of Attendance will be given to you by your instructor. You will need to complete 12 case studies to complete this part of the Edu-K Professional Training.
Who teaches the course?
Touch for Health is taught by Instructors registered with the International Kinesiology Collge, who will have completed the required training to teach TFH and issue certificates. Your Touch for Health Instructor can be an Edu-K Professional who is qualified to teach Touch for Health or an outside qualified TFH Instructor.
Optional further training in Touch for Health
Students attending TFH modules 1 & 2 have the further voluntary option of transforming this two module training into the completion of a Foundation Kinesiology qualification. You can do this by taking an assessment (4½ hours assessment, 2 hours multiple choice paper, 2 hours observed balance, ½ hour interview). You then have the choice of building on this by attending 3 more Touch for Health courses (modules 3-5, plus case studies) and taking another Touch for Health assessment. On completion of this, you would become a Touch for Health Proficient. For further information, contact a qualified Touch for Health Instructor.
about this course
Concepts & background
Educational Kinesiology Consultant
Professional Level 2