About the course
This is a 24 hour course over 3 days – Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 24-26 October 2015 – taught by Kay McCarroll and Niki Honoré, both Edu-K International Faculty for the UK & Ireland.
The course has two parts:
1 New insights into the Brain Gym activities
This takes place over 12 hours spread over Saturday and Sunday morning:
- Saturday 9.30 am – 5.30 pm
- Sunday 9.00 am – 1 pm
The aim is to immerse yourself in the Brain Gym activities so that you understand fully why you are doing each one. You will learn how to adapt them for your context and a wealth of physical, postural and developmental insights to enable you to confidently demonstrate and explain the activities to others or use them in your practice.
You will deepen your understanding of the activities from many angles, guided by the treasure trove of information that Kay has to share. Kay is a chiropractor, kinesiologist, body worker and Educational Kinesiology Instructor of many years standing and one of the most senior Instructors in the Edu-K worldwide. Niki will be exploring new paradigms and ways of explaining the activities so that your clients and audience can make an immediate connection that is meaningful to them.
2 Presentations and evaluation
- Sunday 1 pm – 5 pm
- Monday 9.30 am – 5.30 pm
In the second 12 hours of the course, participants will be asked to demonstrate and share your unique understanding of individual activities, showcasing your knowledge and experience of adapting them, explaining how to do them and what their purpose is. Learning focuses on creating programmes and scenarios that make best use of the activities. Throughout the training we will be sharing ideas, ways of presenting and explaining and learning from each other. This is the evaluation and accreditation part of the course.
Preparing for accreditation
At the end of the course, you will receive a Letter of Attendance. To receive your Certificate of Accreditation as a Brain Gym Movement Facilitator you will also need:
- Some kind of teaching qualification, such as for teaching adults (PTTLS/CTLLS), if you are not already a teacher.
- A background understanding of sensory development – visual, auditory and kinesthetic – so that you are able to put the Brain Gym activities in their context. Please contact Kay and Niki to discuss your prior knowledge.
- To complete case studies from the Brain Gym 101 course. If you have some tucked away, get them out and spruce them up or contact Kay and Niki for further information on this and to talk it over.
- To be a member of the Educational Kinesiology Trust.
- Brain Gym Movement Facilitator 3 day accreditation course for trainees: Early Bird £475
- Brain Gym Movement Facilitator 3 day accreditation course for existing Edu-K Consultants & Instructors: Early Bird £300
- New insights into the Brain Gym activities, 1.5 days – non-members Early Bird £150
- New insights into the Brain Gym activities, 1.5 days – members Early Bird £135
The full range of fees can be accessed via the registration form.
There is a limited number of places available on this course and some places have already been booked. If you would like to attend, email Kay and Niki as soon as possible or complete a registration form.