Name: Mahek Uttamchandani
Email: click here
Mobile number: +91 9819294661
Phone: + 91 222 6432754/ + 91 9869030213
My Edu-K qualifications:
Areas I work with:
Age groups worked with:
Further information about me:
The Brain Gym® 26: a comprehensive two day (16 hours) / 1.5 days (12 hours) workshop on the Brain Gym 26 activities.
The workshop outline:
- Brain Gym and Core Concepts: the Dynamic Brain, Noticing , Three Dimensions of Whole Brain Learning and three categories of activities (all explained in relevance to the Brain Gym 26)
- The behavioural / postural correlates of each activity
- The academic skills accessed by each activity
- The physical skills of learning accessed by each activity
- Practical application, adaptations and coaching variations of each activity
Mahek Uttamchandani is a Paediatric Occupational Therapist with a Bachelors Degree in OT from MUHS (University Topper and Gold Medalist) and has Post Graduate training in the treatment of children with cerebral palsy and other neurological conditions from the BoBath Centre, London, England.
She is trained in Sensory Integration from the University of Southern California. She also has advanced training in Baby Treatment from the NDTA (USA ).
She also has several other trainings, such as floor time, Handwriting without Tears, Developmental Biomechanics and Theratog Application.Other information about me:
Mahek Uttamchandani is the director of therapy services at Stepping Stones Paediatric Therapy Centre and a Consultant OT.
She is the team co-ordinator and Consultant Occupational Therapist at Don Bosco Prafulta.
She also is a Consultant to JBCN International in Mumbai.
Besides private consultations and treatments she is involved in training other professionals as well as parents of children with special needs in various topics on developmental and sensory issues.