What does the training qualify me to do?
If you would like to have free rein to present every aspect of the Brain Gym programme, then becoming a Brain Gym 101 Instructor will hand you the key. When you complete the Brain Gym 101 Instructor Graduate Mentoring Programme, you will be able to expand your delivery content from short seminars and talks (Educational Kinesiology Consultant) to encompass the Brain Gym 101 foundation course and its many tools and simple, effective procedures.
The training consists of supervised, mentored teaching practice alongside an experienced Brain Gym 101 Instructor. Through staged participation in teaching the course, you will culminate in a full co-teach and be evaluated on this for accreditation as a Brain Gym 101 Instructor. The training process is usually accomplished over two courses. You are encouraged to provide your own students for the accreditation course (usually the second co-teach), as there is a profit-sharing arrangement in place for this.
This key Instructor training is also a passport to a further vista of Instructor trainings, including courses on the professional training track and other courses in the approved Edu-K curriculum.Key programme details
64 hours + assessment
Mentored co-teaching of the Brain Gym 101 course
Current mentoring fee and profit-share arrangement (see the Course Content tab within this section)
Brain Gym 101 Instructor
Professional Level 3
Location and dates
Contact your Mentor
Optimal Brain Organisation & Visioncircles Instructor
Instructor for other Educational Kinesiology courses (e.g. Double Doodle, Movement Dynamics)
Faculty MemberKey outcomes
- Teach the original, internationally standardised Brain Gym 101 foundation course secure in the knowledge that you have trained with an internationally authorised training body
- Make full and confident use of all the Brain Gym materials as a licensed Brain Gym Instructor
- Learn to deliver the curriculum to course participants in a supportive and hands on teaching environment
- Be mentored by an experienced Brain Gym 101 Instructor
- Benefit from collaboration with your mentor to launch your first Brain Gym 101 course
- Use the Brain Gym 101 Instructor qualification as a springboard to further Edu-K Instructor qualifications for other courses
How is the mentored teaching carried out?
- Your mentor will be an experienced Brain Gym 101 Instructor
- For the first, assist teach course, in consultation with your mentor, you will be asked to:
- teach some parts of the assist teach course
- support the participants in their practice sessions
- help your mentor with the day-to-day practical running of the course
- For the second co-teach course, you will be asked to:
- help your mentor with any pre-course planning that is required
- create a course plan in discussion with your mentor
- teach at least 50% of the course with your mentor
- support the course participants in their practice sessions
- fully participate in the day-to-day practical organisation of the course
- where possible, provide at least two participants for the course
There is a £450 accreditation fee for the second, accreditation course. You are encouraged to bring as many students as possible to this course as there is a profit-sharing arrangement between the mentor and mentee for these students’ fees. Depending on how many students you personally recruit for the course, your share of the fees can help to cover the mentoring fees or bring income beyond this.
After the course
On satisfactory completion of the co-teaching of the course, you will:
- Receive a Certificate of Qualification as a Brain Gym 101 Instructor.
- Sign a Brain Gym 101 Sub-licence Agreement, entitling you to teach the Brain Gym 101 Course.
- Agree to complete Continuing Professional Development of 30 hours every two years to maintain your Instructor status.
- Provide a copy of a current certificate of insurance.
- Have the opportunity to upgrade your professional membership.
Key information about this course
Concepts & background
Instructor for other Edu-K courses