Welcome to the many opportunities for Educational Kinesiology and Brain Gym® training to suit your interests and plans. The following is a guide to help you find your way to the most relevant training solutions for you. We offer four types of training programmes so that you can access Edu-K and Brain Gym® in the best way for your needs:
- Customised training: Shape the training to suit your setting. Some examples of environments in which training is delivered are education, business, healthcare and sport.
- Professional Training Programme: This suite of courses caters for those who would like a professional qualification in Edu-K. There are three professional levels and these are accessed by attending the Brain Gym 101 foundation course. This course comprises an internationally standardised curriculum and can be taken as a standalone or a gateway to future training. It is open to everyone. Download an overview of the 3 professional levels of the Training Programme.
- Introductory and short courses: If you want to dip your toe in the water, there are a number of varied short trainings so that you can experience the basic concepts and activities of the Educational Kinesiology programme.
- Specialised courses: Many Brain Gym professionals have other professional qualifications and have adapted the programme for their specialty areas, for example, motor development or maths. Most of these courses are entry level and open to all. They are an excellent way of experiencing the range of applications of the programme.
In addition, you will find events, such as open days and conferences available and to which everyone is welcome.
How would you like to use your training?
Along with the majority of people who attend the courses, you may be planning to use what you learn to enhance your professional resources. Edu-K and Brain Gym are ideally suited for this and can be integrated into many different areas of professional life. Alternatively, you may have heard of the benefits of the programme and wish to use it for your own self-development and to help friends and family.
I would like to dip my toe in the water and then make up my mind as to further professional training
No problem! You can attend one of the introductory courses or the Brain Gym 101 course. These will give you hands on experience of what the programme has to offer before deciding whether to go for the Brain Gym Movement Facilitator qualification.
I would like to use the training for myself, friends and family/within my existing professional remit
The following courses are recommended for these purposes:
To understand more about how you can use these courses at a basic level, view Using the courses. To summarise: you can integrate the course materials into current professional skills at a student level. To advertise yourself as professionally qualified to use the movements you need to reach Brain Gym Movement Facilitator status. Just a few steps more! Find out more about becoming a Brain Gym Movement Facilitator.
I would like to use the training as an additional professional tool/gain an Edu-K qualification and advertise myself as being professionally qualified to do so
There are 3 professional levels:
- Professional Level 1: Brain Gym Movement Facilitator – can teach the Brain Gym movements outside your immediate professional remit
- Professional Level 2: Educational Kinesiology Consultant – work one to one and deliver short trainings on Brain Gym
- Professional Level 3: Brain Gym 101 Instructor – teach the full gamut of Brain Gym tools and techniques, including the Brain Gym 101 course.
Each of these levels involves case studies, additional learning or projects and culminates in an evaluation. As you complete each level, you will be entitled to advertise your level of professional expertise in using the programme and legitimately use the trademark. Download an overview of the 3 professional levels of the Training Programme and Training Requirements.